Wednesday, May 14, 2008

John Peletti & The Blue Mountain Players

Ayriel Frye has been working with John Peletti over the past month to create a digital story on the work he and others have been doing to bring the Blue Mountain Players (a theatre company) to life.
Here is an excerpt from her interview:

What are you doing for the community?
I volunteer for the Blue Mountain Players which includes keeping the building clean and maintaining the construction. The lights and the sound are also a very important part. I also help the fire dept. by making food and donating the money from selling it. I've been involved in the general plan update to shape the future of our area in terms of services and jobs being available. I've got involved in volunteer rescue in 1986. If people don't become involved the community doesnt get any better.

Why did you start working with the Blue Mountain Players?
My wife got me involved in it I wanted to support it. Been involved for 14 years now.
We do two shows a year and fund raisers. We work for four months to put a show on. We take down old sets and construct new ones.

Tell me about yourself?
I live a half a mil from the town of West Point with my wife Vicki.

How long have you been here?
Since 1979, almost 30 years.

What do you like about like about living here?
My favorite thing is just living in the mountains, in a rural environment where I knows my neighbors, the trees and animals. the people.

How long will your project last?
It will keepsgoing as long as people support it. The talent show makes money to keep the electric and water and bills paid. The arts keep the community together. I brings them together in a common goal and thats what makes the town thrive.

What are some positives and negatives about Blue Mountain?
The positives- fresh air, I can be by myself, and be where its quiet
The negatives- it's hard to make a living. Its always a struggle between doing the things that you like and being able to afford them.

Do you have anything you would like to add?
Doing theatre is a gift to the town and it takes a lot of people to put on a play. It's really a special thing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ayriel that looks great. It is fun to see me on the printed page.
I sure appriciate all your hard work and dedication to getting things done.
I look forward to seeing you at the presentation.
John